Make your life easier—start preparing your air conditioner now before hot temperatures arrive. You can save on your utility bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its top efficiency! If you are using your system when it needs service, you could see a dramatic increase in costs and damaging wear and tear on your machine. Keep your system in top shape with at least one air conditioning service appointment from your Lycoming Heating Company expert each year. This is critical to keep your unit working for the long haul. The technician can ensure that your unit is working correctly and look for trouble areas to head off any possible problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more pricey repairs.
Just some of the advantages a professional air conditioning service will provide you:
- Cooling cycle appraisal
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of the moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to arranging your professional air conditioning service, there are actions you can do now and throughout the year to ensure your AC is functioning at peak performance.
- Clear the spot around your unit. Make sure there aren’t grass or weeds growing too close to your AC, which can obstruct airflow. Take away piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your outside unit was covered during the winter months, don’t forget to uncover it. You can ruin your system if you operate your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could result in big repairs or total replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your Lycoming Heating Company service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during your yearly service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters monthly and replace them when needed! Different homes have different air filter replacement demands. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you ought to change them more often.
Make sure your air conditioning is operating at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned often. It keeps your home healthy too! If you follow these easy steps, your AC will be ready for whatever warmer temps can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the Lycoming Heating Company team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.