Enhance Your Residence’s Indoor Air Quality in Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Modern homes are tightly sealed and insulated. While this helps them to be energy efficient, a lack of outdoor air, indoor contaminants and continuous recirculation can cause challenges.
Don’t panic, because Lycoming Heating Company can help you have an energy-efficient residence that meets your comfort needs. The services we offer include an air quality audit and products that improve indoor air quality in Williamsport, Pennsylvania.
Contact us today to start improving your indoor air.
We are ready to serve you
24/7 Trusted Service
Signs Your House Has Poor Indoor Air Quality
Is your home healthy? It might not be as good as you think. Pollution can be two to five times more concentrated indoors than outdoors, as noted by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Indoor air contaminants moving through your residence’s air might cause headaches and allergy flareups. And mold and mildew pose a potential health risk.
Though headaches and allergies could be caused by other factors, they could be a sign your home has indoor air quality (IAQ) problems. This is particularly true if you feel better once you’re away from home.
- Dehydrated eyes, nose, throat or skin
- Headaches and sinus concerns
- Allergies or asthma troubles that are more aggravated than normal
- Coughing and sneezing
- Faintness or nausea
Here are further signs you may choose to evaluate your indoor air:
Too much static or mold growth
How Can I Avoid Indoor Air Quality Problems?
Reducing indoor air quality problems can be relatively uncomplicated with these 10 tips:
- Book an indoor air quality audit with Lycoming Heating Company. Professionals can test spots that can harm air quality, such as humidity, carbon monoxide and volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Then we’ll chat about any issues we locate and the steps to fix them.
- Clean regularly to collect dust mites, which can worsen allergies and asthma.
- Keep your home free of secondhand smoke.
- Install a whole-home filtration system to remove odors, instead of masking them with air fresheners or scented candles. These pollutants have compounds that can cause headaches or inflame respiratory symptoms.
- Vent appliances that burn gas, like ranges and water heaters, to the exterior of the home.
- Keep your home’s humidity levels comfortable with a humidifier or dehumidifier, based on your family’s preference. Set humidity under 50% to impede mold and mildew growth.
- Check your space for radon. Long-term exposure to this colorless, hazardous gas is the top source of lung cancer among people who have never smoked, the EPA states. You can buy a radon test kit online or contact your state radon program for details on discounted or free kits.
- Use a ventilation system to swap polluted indoor air with cleaner outside air.
- Choose chemical-free cleaning and painting items that are low in or free of VOCs. Increased concentrations of VOCs can irritate troubles for family members with respiratory disorders.
- Make sure to set carbon monoxide monitors by bedrooms.
We are ready to serve you
Start Breathing Healthier Air Today
With a comprehensive list of certified pros and indoor air quality products, Lycoming Heating Company can help your loved ones breathe more easy. Contact us at 570-326-4450 or contact us online right away to make an appointment.