Having regular air conditioning service completed at least once a year can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Williamsport summer, have the experts at Lycoming Heating Company conduct your yearly air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be done during a proper air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Inspect for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, examine for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, retrieve any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, as opposed to illicitly releasing it to the atmosphere.
- Look for proper airflow in the system.
- Check the appropriate electric control sequence to ensure adequate sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Check the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters frequently is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to run at a high level of efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should check it habitually. We suggest checking it every month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will bank on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Lycoming Heating Company today at 570-326-4450.