Summer is here! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To boost your comfort and actually relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a great summer in Williamsport is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Lycoming Heating Company constantly recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning this season.
- First, another time to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter consistently! Replace the filter according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the winter. Turning on your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can severely damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s operations. mow the grass, get rid any debris and remove overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you start it this summer. remember to check the area at least monthly to keep it open and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These straightforward steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you need to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Lycoming Heating Company in Williamsport at 570-326-4450 today.